Carol who lost a son to an overdose

Watch out if your child is prescribed pain medication at an early age. My son hurt his back playing football in his senior year of high school. He was prescribed pain medication. When the medication ran out, he started buying pills on the street. Then that became too expensive so he started using heroin. He passed away November 23, 2015 of a drug overdose. I miss him every day. He didn't realize what opioids were or how addictive they can be.

We need to get the word out to these kids. I would like to help in any way I can. This can happen to anyone. He was a good boy with good grades. He would have done anything for anyone. He always had a smile on his face. He was loved by everyone… family... friends... teachers... coaches. He always wanted to help out his friends so if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. This is what Peter would want.